Saturday, July 10, 2021

A NOSTALGIC TRIP TO HARTFORD

JOHNSON and I agreed to head West toward Springfield on this Saturday. Interestingly enough a large flea market with brown tents was set up in Palmer.I didn't know anything about it! We traveled on Route 20 towards Springfield going by Friendly Corporation and Mass Mutual Insurance. Down I-91 we entered the Nutmeg State agreeing we wouldn't stop at the Radio museum in Windsor. We did enter Windsor and found 17 Laurel Avenue where I once lived.I was pleased to note this colonial now has a spiffy blue vinyl siding. This neighborhood is attractive and residential. It is close to the Hartford border. I wanted to do a driveby of the AETNA Home Office. We drove by Bushnel Park on the way.The Home Office is huge and houses, perhaps, 9,000 employees. This trip evokes nostalgia where I once worked as a Claim Administrator from 1975-1978. The way back saw us stop in Manchester at a SubWay where Johnson had his usual meatball sub.I had two toll house cookies and a chocolate milk.We returned to Sturbridge on I-84 then home to West Brookfield. It was a long rount trip for Dick.I wanted to get home for the Red Sox game at 4:00.Sumarilly it was one of the worse defeats of the 2021 season. Terrible !! ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment