Wednesday, September 18, 2019

THE DISHEVELED AMERICAN

When I was a teenager I got a haircut every ten days. My appearance meant everything to me. I begin buying my own clothes from Nat Falk while in high school. As an adult I took pride in my appearance. Fellow workers at Aetna commented in my fashion. J. Irving England is quoted "a blue blazer and grey trousers  is an outfit for all occasions."

Yesterday, while shopping at Walmart*Ware I couldn't happen to notice just how much Americans have changed from tattoos on their calves to those on their arms and necks. Some adults hang loosely.... and their beautiful little kids reflect their parents "give-a-shit attitudes!"

Hair styles are colored by the rainbow. Too many men have unkempt ponytails. Fewer and fewer men shave daily. But why? The Vietnam syndrome kicked things off for sure.

The mores of America keep changing. Just look at styles. I give up! Gillette once has a slogan "Look sharp!" Today.. forget it! What's next?

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment