Tuesday, September 24, 2019

HAMILTON GREGORY RIP

Several years ago a Vietnam Veteran wrote a book entitled McNamara's Folly. This one book revealed how LBJ and McNamara agreed to lower the mental standards for draftees with low IQs be brought into battle. I read the book and communicated with Mr. Gregory. too a Vietnam draftee!

Mr. Gregory "was a former Associated Press writer and the author of a best-selling college textbook, Public Speaking for College & Career.

In communicating with Hamilton I learned my GT SCORE  of 131 "Placed me in the top mental category!".. He went on to write "no wonder you were successful in high-aptitude positions." I knew my scores were high but didn't realize that high!

Category I, very high IQ (124 and above)
Category II above average IQ (108-123)
Category III average IQ (92-107)
Category IV below average IQ (92-91)
Category V very low IQ (71 and below)

From the get-go I knew it was imperative for me to achieve in the testing. I told my fellow soldiers "don't do well and you are in the field!

As an x-ray technician 91p20 I was schooled in anatomy, physiology and physics. I trained from August to November at Fort Sam Houston, TX at the Medical Field Service School. To say the least "it was like being back in college!"

My service in Vung Tau, Vietnam was in a general medical dispensary.. the 345th. We served 5 doctors and two dentists. I achieved taking x-rays and performing other duties.....one year, nine months and two days Total service.! I was one lucky soldier!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN E-5  US51574051


No comments:

Post a Comment