Tuesday, September 24, 2019

SOLDIER OF THE MONTH

Further to my 12 months and twelve days in Vietnam, my luck continued. I was chosen Soldier of the Month - twice!

We competed by going in front of a review board of "Lifers." The following  is found on a letter received from Colonel WILLIAM A. BOYSON:

1. I wish to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your selection as the 68th Medical Group Soldier of the Month of July.

2. In being selected for this honor, you have demonstrated outstanding qualities of leadership, military courtesy, bearing, appearance, knowledge of current events, and continuing outstanding performance of assigned duties. You were selected from representatives from all the major subordinate units of this command. I appreciate the fine example you have set for the enlisted personnel of the 68th Medical Group.

This achievement qualified me to compete for brigade.This was BIG TIME. I didn't win but I recall the question: "What do you think of the USA's involvement in Vietnam?" My heart fluttered...I said "we should be fighting Communism." I didn't win

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment