Saturday, July 1, 2017

THE CONNIE MACK SPORTSMAN'S CREED

The following is The Connie Mack Sportsman Creed for boys and girls of all ages.


"As a member of the Connie Mack Club, I make the following pledge:


I promise to play the game to the best of my ability at all times.


I will play to win, but if I lose I will never look for excuses which would detract from my opponent's victory.


I will never take unfair advantage in order to win.


I will always abide by the rules of the game on the diamond mas well in my daily life.


I will always conduct myself as a true sportsman should on and off the ball field.


I will always strive to play for the good on the entire team rather than my own glory.


I will never gloat in victory or pity myself in defeat.


I will do my utmost to keep myself clean - physically, mentally and morally.


I will judge a teammate as an individual and never on the basis of race or religion.'


Signed.. CONNIE MACK


NB...Connie Mack was the winningest and lost  the most major league manager of all times.. 53 years a manager, Connie managed 7755 games winning 3731 games and losing 3948 games.  Cornelius Alexander McGillicuddy  was born in East Brookfield, Mass, Dec 22, 1862 and died February 6, 1856. He was inducted to the Hall of Fame in 1937.












No comments:

Post a Comment