Saturday, July 1, 2017

A TIME FOR PATRIOTISM AND CELEBRATION

Back in 2007 I was published in Letters to the Editor - USA TODAY. I share my letter with you on this Fourth of July weekend.


"TIME FOR PATRIOTISM"


"I'm thankful for family: children, grand-children, my Late mother Rita, and friends.


I am thankful for our great American heritage: freedoms to write, speak, assemble and to worship as we like.


I am thankful to have the dazzling technologies of today.


I am thankful for running water because millions on the planet don't have this precious gift.


I am thankful for the amazing food basket we enjoy, especially when we consider that there are starving humans in Third World countries and beyond.


I am thankful for the natural beauty of America - our sunrises and sunsets, national parks, prairies, mountains and seashores.


Most of all I am thankful for being an American."


ROBERT L. POTVIN
North Brookfield, Mass.




P.S. Sounds of the Season Independence Day Channel Channel 941

No comments:

Post a Comment