Saturday, July 1, 2017

ONE WAY OF GETTING MORE PAGEVIEWS

Today, my pageviews are almost 150 more than yesterday. Why? Because I have written many more blog entries and some more than others have more hits! Content is everything and local history, in particular, ring the doorbell. I still have two and a half more hours to go.


My thoughts are with Thomas Jefferson, 3rd president. Mr. Jefferson was genius and only in his early thirties in penning the Declaration of Independence in 1776. No matter who serves as President the reminders are there.


Jefferson once wrote "The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time..." I have visited Monticello in Virginia. Thomas Jefferson was everything. Had over 10,000 books and sold them to the Library of Congress!


Presidents John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died within hour of each other on July 4, 1826! The only President born on the Fourth of July was Calvin Coolidge!


The legacy of our Presidency lives. For me it is in collecting postage stamps, autographs and observation. Learn your U.S. History boys and girls!











Jefferson The Man




No comments:

Post a Comment