Sunday, July 23, 2017

ON TURNING 75 July 29, 1942

 So many of my friends are gone; some struggle and a few  still kick high. I am still kicking, but not as high.


Obesity and Fast Foods are anathema for many.  Being "FAT, DUMB AND HAPPY "plays quite a role in our society. But why? Add a pack of cigarettes to the menu and you will not live to be a ripe old age, necessarily!


In my years I have dodged bullets. As a ""Wild man from Borneo" I did my share of drinking beer & gin. I grappled with my identity in my thirties and got hold of my life before my life got hold of me.




Hallmarks in my life included quitting tobacco and alcohol. In years later I was stricken with a rare blood disease. Somehow, a miraculous event occurred and my "Show went on."




My tide has gone way out  and has came thundering back in fine style. Same with finances. The biggest disappointment came several years ago when I began to lose my teeth. My life changed. So be it.( Shakespeare said 'What Fools Ye Mortals Be.")




Most importantly I think of my friends that are no longer: Australian Mate, Rod Bryar, Electrician Jack Swedis,  and others I consider brothers and sisters.




I am fussy on getting my sleep and watching my diet. I LOVE FAST FREE MILK. I try to take pride in my appearance. The only problem is being hunched-back goes with being an elite member of the ELDERLY.


Sail on, lofty ship!

No comments:

Post a Comment