Friday, July 28, 2017

DISCIPLINE IN RAISING SONS

"Spare the rod and spoil the child."


I grew up in a home filled with love. Dad would always say 'Bobby, I don't want any trouble." I honored both my mother and my father. They taught me industry, respect and honor and it paid off.


The military insists on discipline. I know this as I went through basic Training. The other night on PBS I watched Haight Ashbury. The hipsters in 1967 loved in the mud on the streets of San Francisco when Bob Potvin served his Country. I submit some of these clowns of Free Love still have not grown up as they approach 70!


I don't know what kind of upbringing these idiots had but I will bet their parents were permissive. "BOYS NEED THEIR EARS NIPPED EVERY NOW AND THEN." Instill goodness in their persona and let them know who the BOSS IS! I tell people "I raised Ben and Joss as if I were the Army Sergeant!"


Standing Tall is the essence of being a Good American. My proof is in the honors I received at NBHS and in Vietnam.


I have hope with the boys I see competing in sports. Chase is it! as for the girls go, I'll leave that up to the mothers. My mother's advice in raising some was KEEP THEM BUSY! Yes, it is demanding, but in the long run it will pay off! From generation to generation kids will try to get the best of you. YOU ARE THE BOSS! I don't endorse spoiling children.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment