Monday, July 24, 2017

SIX MONTHS HAVE PASSED - NO PRESIDENTIAL AUTOGRAPH YET!

July 20th marked the six month mark in my quest for President Trump's autograph. In obtaining Obama's it took me a year.


I love autographs. The Late Dick Daoust of Spencer shared this great hobby with me. We fed on each other's desire to get "the real deal." Several years ago I handled Lionel Aucoin's vast autograph collection.




As I see it, a bona fide authentic autograph tells a story. It can be from celebrities in all walks of life.Little Chase Potvin got the Red Sox pitcher David
Norman Vincent Peale


 Price a couple years ago. Son Ben got VP Dan Quayle to sign back in the days of Seton Hall University.


As an Estate Auctioneer back in 1994 I auctioned off two b in North Brookfield: a baseball signed by Babe Ruth and one signed by Connie Mack baseballs.


Anticipation is the key thing as a Hound. What you say in your pilot letter of request may trigger a quick response as was the case for Mrs. Onassis and GHWB.


Of course "fakes" abound in the autograph field BUT when you hit paydirt it's fun to collect the reward of your efforts. I don't know if I am going to be luck with a Trump signature. "No news is good news."

No comments:

Post a Comment