Tuesday, April 9, 2019

RED SOX OPENING DAY 2019

OPENING DAY 2019  FENWAY PARK BOSTON

In the confines of my home I enjoyed watching all of the festivities on my giant screen television. The successes of the Boston Red Sox are truly tantamount to all reverses of the curse of past seasons. It seems the collective championships of both the Red Sox and Patriots have made believers of everyone. Today I enjoyed a combination pizza from Northeast Pizza for $10.50 and a diet coke. Had I gone to Fenway Park my expenses would add up to $200 or more.(Ticket $95..parking $50.. food $50 and other ancillary expenses!

Home from a tour in Vietnam I played hooky and attended the game's Opener in 1969. That year I attended some 20 games and even got to see 2 games at the St. Louis-Detroit World Series in St. Louis.. For years sons Ben and Josh were treated to Opening Day games in Boston.

The beauty of all World Series rings makes a statement. Every member of the Red Sox organization received their own ring and attendant mahogany box. The heft of the gold jewelry looks like it weight as much as a $5 bag of sugar.

Today's event transcends sports activities in NCAA basketball. And now the Sox are having major problems playing like champions! What's wrong? Have successes  gone to their heads? Successes  Hope not!

A Toronto hitter just stole home on a pitch by Chris Sale. Come on!

The season is young and hopefully the Sox will pull it all together!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN




No comments:

Post a Comment