Tuesday, April 9, 2019

BLOGGING FOR THE FUN OF IT

Yesterday I received two new BLOG Vanity plates. I'm like Doctor Grace was where he hung his rare plates in his bathroom to be adorned. For me, my vanity plate is unique and my signature.

As I travel around I am constantly observing plate numbers. I love it.  I think it is a good hobby yet I wonder "Why do millions of folks refuse to get a plate that gives them satisfaction? In Massachusetts I feel our plates are truly "The Spirit of America." But why do people reject the thoughts of having a unique identity? For a few bucks more you can call the shots. Instead, plates on new cars are rusty, dented and I say "no pride!"

Now comes the transitional thought to crafting a blog. For me it comes naturally. I look for a timely topics such as the "Red Flops" or the weather. In both cases these topics tear at our souls. Just when we cheer Spring on, a blizzard slams the upper Mid-West. I do read Facebook postings as there is lots of good news to be reviewed. So I ask "why don't you write your own blog?"

Blogging is more than writing. Essentially you create your message right in front of you, add pictures and send it around the world instantaneously. My blogging began on March 7, 2007, and I have crafted thousands of entries and much of these can be found on the 'net. "Adventure Man Bob Potvin" On the Common.co, or Bob Potvin Blogger." As I see it, writing daily is my way of informing and instructing my loyal followers and the world.

I appreciate the good words of my reviewers. Glory W. and Charline W. lead the pack. Today I received such praise from a VA nurse in Worcester who has read my works. I was honored when Suzie said I was "gifted" in this regard. Thanks.

I constantly refer to my Dictionary and Thesaurus and other sources for exact meanings. I do scan The New York Times and USA Today for ideas. I am not a perfectionist. Too many folks get hung up in worrying "how does it sound?

Each day is a new day and each day is revealing to possible submissions.
"READ MY BLOG!"











ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN


No comments:

Post a Comment