Saturday, May 28, 2022

VIETNAM LETTER TO FOLKS SURFACES AFTER NEARLY 50 YEARS

31 October, 1967 Vung Tau, Viet Nam Dear Mom and Dad, Rest and Recreation is over and I'm back in the hamlet of Vung TAu ready to finish my remaining 100 days of Army life. I arrived here this afternoon at 4. Landed in Saigon last evening sbout 8:30 and stayed over-night at Rovito's Dispensarywaiting for a flight back to Vung Tau today. In retrospect, I feel that my trip to Australia was one of the greatest moments of my life. In the that I was there I saw and did more than any other G.I. that has ever visited the country. I Stayed at the best hotel. Went to the best night club in Sydney and had the opportunity to observe much of the Australian way of life...To be continued. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment