Sunday, May 29, 2022

VIETNAM LETTER 31 OCTOBER 1967 CONTINUED

Rod's mother and father are separated however both have remarried and live five miles of each other. I stayed with his mother as he and his sisterOn Friday evening I went to his father's home for dinner and was received very warmly.After dinner his father took out his slide projector and showd me many of his interesting sights of of AustraliaI wouldn't have enough time to see. He also gave me two books on the mountains along with on one on Canberra, the Nation's capitol.I will be sending these to you along with the other books I bought for your lesson on the land Down Under. While in Melbourne I had a chance to visit the art museum. and the natural history museum. Very interesting.. to say the least.I also toured the country side in Saturday taking in all of the natural sights. The climate of the whole continunt ranges from tropical to temparte in Melbourne. They have snow only in the mountains and it rarely goes below freezing in any of the cities.... To be continued ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment