Sunday, May 29, 2022

VIETNAM LETTER 31 OCTOBER, 1967 CONTINUED

After a good night's sleep I awoke on Thursday and left for Melbourne which is about 500 miles southwest of Sydney.I have a good friend that lives there whom I methere in Vung Tau some months ago. I had sent him (Rod Bryar) a letter about a week ago advising him of my coming to the continent and hoped we could get together. Upon calling his house,his mother answered anxiously saying that Rod was expecting me. So with baggage in hand, I boarded a 727 jetand flew to Melbourne. I arrived on Thursday afternoon and remained there until Sunday evening. I had a great time and in so many ways it reminded me of home. He has a little sports car and we went about the city seeing all of the highlights each night.On Saturday night I had a date with his sister Carol who is a beautiful blonde that is sweet as can be. She's 19 and is just a beauty. Well mannered...cuteand likes Americans We went to several discotecques in the city dancing to the Rock and Roll of Australia ane all in all had a ball. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment