Sunday, May 29, 2022

VIETNAM LETTER 31 OCTOBER CONTINUED

After arriving on Tuesday morning, I took a room at the Wentworth Hotel for $11.50 a day. It is the newest hotel in Sydney and affords comfort that is strictly First Class. After changing into civilian clothes I moved about the city with big eyes. The city!is clean, yet old.The people are well dressed and the young women are out of this world. I was exposed to all of the latest fashions and after nine months in Vietnam, my mind was really confused. The first day was confused for the most part. I walked through Hyde Park and had the chance to listen to a band concert. It was performed by the Royal Australian Army Band and was superb.I spoke with a beautiful youngAussie lassie for two hours and was on my way to a great adventur.Later in the afternoon I dressed into my blue tropical suit and went out for a steak dinner. After dinner I toured the many clubs and pubs and retired about eleven. The next morning arrouse early and began the day by calling you.The call wasjust wonderful. The connection was superb and it was good to hear your voices. Later on in the morning I went about the city and did a little shopping. I picked up few gifts for the Kids and bought a few books on the continent that I'm sure you'll enjoy.I spent the afternoon at the beaches of Sydney.Though the weather seemed cool, the sun was warm and I was in my glorystrolling about the sands of Bondi talking to the girls in Bikinis. To be continued. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment