Sunday, May 29, 2022

FINAL THOUGHTS ON MY 31 OCTOBER, 1967 AUSTRALIAN R&R TRIP

Though I am a little tired from the trip I can honestly say that my mood is 100 % better and I am ready to finish the last lap of this long year with much enthisiasm. The weather is better now and I'll be concentration on tanning myself up for those wintry February days in New England that will soon will be a reality.One last thought regarding my check. Please deposit the exact amount and give me a balance of $1,550. and send me a cashier's check for the balance. It should be around $20. Please do this as soon as possible as I will be needing the money to square away to square away some extre spendings that resulted from my trip.For the records.. my entite ten day absence from Vung Rau cost me $190.00...And I don't think that can be equalled by anybody! 10,000 miles and all? With 100 days remaining I am fine and all is well. Love, Bob. NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: Finding this 3 page document more than 50 years later affirms my sincerity. My R&R to Australia set the stage for a family trip in 1990.Ben & Josh traveled with me to Sydney for 2 weeks. It was a trek and not be recommended. My friendship with Rod Bryar grew and we SKYPED until Rod's passing several years ago. Rod and Maddie came to New England for a wonderful visit in about 1997. If readers are tempted to travel Down Under allow 30 days.. do your homework ahead. BOB POTVIN 508-867-3360 BOX 11 WEST BROOKFIELD, MASS 01585

No comments:

Post a Comment