Friday, November 5, 2021

AN EARLY NOVEMBER CAMPFIRE

Yet another frosty, clear morning in the Brookfields. It seemed to be the coldest with a heavy coating of frost. The usual Friday menu with Tony's Cleaners then to NB for some food. There were two highlights worth mentioning: the Colin Powell funeral and the Atlanta Braves celebration. General Powell's funeral was in the DC Cathedral. What impressed me was the high quality of speakers. Mrs. Powell and son gave touching tributes.Madeline Albright and others spoke too. Presidents Biden, Obama, & Bush, were in attendance with wives. Then onto Atlanta for the World Champion Braves parade and get together in Truist Park. I am glad Atlanta won! Tonight was a November campfire on Birch Hill.I was dressed warmly and still I was cold. Oh well. Chase was decked out in a suit and was doing some reporting at the Quaboag football game! Johnson tomorrow. Maybe a trip to Weston? My Friday was excellent. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

1 comment: