Wednesday, October 23, 2019

SUNNY WEDNESDAY

Blood glucose 73       Weight 173.4

The Tuesday night victory by the Washington Nationals over the Houston Astros set the tone for this day. I stayed up until 10:00 PM knowing Midnight wasn't necessary as the Nationals were well ahead.

I read the first 100 pages of the Connie Mack Autobiography My Sixty-Six Years in the Big Leagues. It is as if Mr. Mack was talking directly to me in person. Mack was a devout Catholic. He also recruited college ball players to play on his famed Philadelphia Athletics. Better yet "Mr. Baseball" relished talking about his formative years in the Brookfields working in a shoe factory for peanuts! It seems his professional life was always selling players to meet the payroll! His message seems philosophical throughout.

Bought The Encyclopedia of Baseball at the Quaboag Book Store for $9.00 cheap! Will serve as my reference.

Did go to Chase's soccer game at Quaboag. It was 5-1 when I left. My perch was atop a knoll. Not sure if #7 was Chase?

Did do my first visit at Comprehensive Physical Therapy in WB. Jim Buzzle is in command. Must go back Friday at 9:00 AM. I'm confident of getting relief. I even walked for a bit on the Town Common.

Tonight will see Game 2 in Houston. Go Nationals!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

Mr. Mack featured  on a 1952 calendar

 

No comments:

Post a Comment