Sunday, October 20, 2019

LATE NIGHT CONFUSION

Last night's victory by the Houston Astros over the Yankees led to confusion on my part! I had vowed to stay up late, regardless, and I dozed twice only to be awakened by the ebullient cheers of the Astro fans. I knew I wanted to write something recognizing the victory.. only thing is.. I thought they had won the World Series! OMG. It was like Dewey Defeats Truman.

Today has been transitional. After a frosty start clouds moved in and changed my mood. My sleep-deprived day saw me get the Sunday New York Times. A feature about the City of Saint Louis got my interest. Also, the recap of the fabled Montreal Expos turned Washington Nationals makes them a Cinderella  club of destiny. Now we wait for the World Series to begin on Tuesday night. Should be a great Series!

Josh, Heidi & kids traveled to U-CONN, Storrs, CT to a soccer game. I think it's wonderful for the grandchildren to watch collegiate sports at such a tender ages. Way to go, Potvin family! Along the same line I bought several books at the Quaboag Book Shop on soccer for them to enjoy.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN




 

No comments:

Post a Comment