Thursday, October 17, 2019

BEETHOVEN, BYRON & BOB

Blood glucose 90       Weight 173.5 lbs.

As an alternative to viewing the evening news I opted in spending a couple of hours reading Byron's poetry and listening to two of my favorite classical hits by Beethoven. Mind you I have never had instruction in classical music. I have developed an appreciation of Beethoven over the years!

One Frank Cooke was my teacher of sorts. The Pastoral symphony #6 was my introduction then The Ninth .. The Choral.. two of Beethoven's most popular.

As far as English authors, George Gordon.. Sixth Lord Byron, too was introduced by Mr. Cooke. I have grown in appreciating the works of both over time. Music is relaxing for sure!

RAIN

My barometer reads 29.24 inches...the water in the rain gauge dazzles me at 5 inches. Maybe I didn't empty previous collections? Puddles on Route 9 were flooding and the winds were strong. Many trees no longer host leaves.

BASEBALL

Maybe the New York Yankees will play  Houston  tonight in the Bronx?

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

 

Go Astros!

No comments:

Post a Comment