Monday, October 7, 2019

ON A GIVEN OCTOBER MONDAY - 1968

Blood glucose 106      Weight 173 lbs.

I was returning from the 1968 World Series in Saint Louis where the Tigers defeated the Cardinals that I bought my last pack of Winston's for 55 cents at Idlewild Airport ..NYC. Somehow my mind was made up to kick the habit and I did.  My weight went from 160 lbs to 172 lbs.

Today, 51 years later, I look back with pride: I kicked the habit! You, too, can by having a made up mind! As Eisenhower once said You only quit once. You too can quit by having a made up mind!

LIGHT BILL - Amazing - Only $48.03!

Mild and cloudy this morning.60 degrees.

Atlanta dealt my St. Louis Cardinals a defeat last night in the playoff game at Busch Stadium. Things looked good until the ninth inning.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment