Thursday, September 28, 2017

VIETNAM LET IT BE!

The PBS Documentary concluded tonight. As President Ford said "The Vietnam Nightmare Is over" Sorry, Gerry, it will never be over!


The first-person interviews both of Viet Cong, South Vietnamese as well as Americans military and civilians reveals how complex the War and the aftermath really were and are. Having today's technologies and wisdom leaves little to the imagination! I particularly appreciated seeing footage of VUNG TAU after the war ended. I have a 3 minute film taken in 1967!


Although I did not experience combat I have lucid memories serving as a MEDIC. Working for 5 doctors and 2 dentists gave me insight for my life. My little Dispensary served 9,000 troops to include Australians, Philippines, Koreans and others.


I have posted under "ARMY "TOGETHER WE SERVED" BobbyP my memoirs. Good photos  Check 'em out!


I think Ken Burns and Company have given new life on Vietnam...terribly complex then and now.


My 1998 return to Vietnam gives me perspective. I like the Vietnamese. They are small in stature but big in heart.


LET IT BE!

No comments:

Post a Comment