Wednesday, September 13, 2017

ROTARIAN MAGAZINE AROUND THE WORLD

When I tell folks of my worldly exploits I say "I have been half-way around the world." Never been to Europe but have been to Australia three times and Vietnam twice. Hong Kong gave me perspective but the experience that inspired me most was seeing the Rotary Club in Sydney serving homeless breakfast.




With the Rotary Spaghetti scheduled tomorrow night I went to my archives namely to a fantastic story I had published in the July, 1992, Rotarian Magazine. I hit pay dirt with my proposed article on auctions! I had worked with the Worcester Rotary Club maybe a year before. The Rotary Auction .a surefire way to raise money for your club..by me, Bob Potvin.
I melded my story of estate auctions Including Jane Newton's $4,200 Teddy Bear. You can access my wonderful success  under the Title of The Rotary Auction


My success as wonderful. I earned $300! Sons Josh and Ben's photographs were of Scituate, years earlier. I was auctioneer at St. Mary's for 10 years! This is how I got my beginning after saying "Goodbye to Aetna Life & Casualty at age 34.




The concept of auctioneering is for real.I traveled to Kansas City, MO for 2 weeks at Missouri School then onto Indiana University for the CAI program.




Now I must obtain a copy of The "Rotarian"..July, 1992! It was fun excelling in the prime of my life and to show my sons what it's all about!


These were the days before E-Bay and Email. For 10 years I have been crafting my BLOG and look back with happiness... and to think I "flunked typing" with Miss Burke at NBHS in 1958! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment