Tuesday, August 23, 2022

SAMARITAN HOUSE ST. ALBANS, VT

This will be a difficult blog for me to write. After living in Boston at the Veteran's Shelter for a year and one half I earned enough money hoping to get a job in Canada with the Circque Du Soleil.I had worked in Boston with them as a janitor and liked their attitude. Got a bus to Canada and wasn't allowed into the country! The Custom's Officer said "You have one choice.... to return to Boston! I called my mother and her advice was "find a veteran's home. I was hitch hiking with my duffel bag and was picked up by one John Martin.He asked me "will you be a janitor?' I replied "yes." I applied for the job at the St. Alban's Court House and I got hired by one Tom Dart. The next step was to find housing and I did: The Samaritan House. To be continued. ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment