Saturday, July 13, 2024

AMERICANS WAKE UP!

The events that took place in Butler. PA this afternoon evokes my memories of President  Lyndon Johnson's visit to Saint Louis University on February 14, l964. This was the first public appearance since the assassination of JFK on November 22, 1963. When I realized how important this visit would be I was the FIRST in attendance. The crowd swelled as did security. We had to leave our dormitory rooms. What impressed me were men standing atop buildings with armed rifles. I have a photo of LBJ shaking my hand surrounding by Secret Service Men! Today raises the question of just how safe are political candidates? The events at Butler, PA raises the question just how safe are candidates?  Photographs of a blood riddled President Trump's head will forever chance how we feel about Trump and his followers. It is time for Americans to wake up!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment