Saturday, August 12, 2023

DOC WIGHT - A SPECIAL FRIEND

I have fond memories of a friend of yesteryear, North Brookfield's Clarence W. Wight. Doc Wight had his office on the second floor of the Adam Block NB. I was his Sunday Telegram paperboy for 20 cents. It seems each Sunday Doc's face was all lathered when I called on him. He had in his office two large prints of a lion and tiger and his back room was his library. Seated in his Morris chair he would read National Geographic and was well versed on topics such as the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. Doc Wight came to NB in the depth of the Great Depression at about age 57 from Maine. Doc Wight and Mrs. Wight bought a home on Elm Street.He called it "Birch Tree Farm." I was friends with Doc Wight until the end. His life ended in his 96th year. In storm and gale Doc Wight  was one unforgetable character in my life!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN



No comments:

Post a Comment