Monday, February 14, 2022

TWO IMPORTANT FEB 14TH IN MY LIFE

Blood glucose 99 Weight 163.8 lbs. February 14,1964, stands out in my life. The first came with the visit of President Lyndon B. Johnson.It was the first presidential visit of LBJ upon suceeding JFK.Big red and white posters graced the campus of my college,St.Louis University. When I read this I got enthused and prepared accordingly. Johnson was to give a speech and plant a tree on campus. Secret Service ensured a tight security by having men atop building. I vowed I'd greet him and I did! I got on the site at 8:00 AM behind a snow fence. The crowd built up and built all day long. Some 10,000 students and well-wishers mad it interesting. The crowd swelled and pushed us over the fence! I was determined. After speaking LBJ moved towards us.We worked the crowd and got to me! As I shook his hand I said "Mr. President, may I have your hankerchief as a souvenir!" The president retorted "No son, I may need it later!" I was seen by friend on tv! I have a photograph showing the moment! The other February 14 came in 1968 when I was discharged from the U.S. Army! ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment