Wednesday, July 31, 2019

PUBLIC SPEAKING 101

Blood sugar read 101 - weight 164 night's rest: good.

I have always enjoyed speaking in public! From the days of teaching at Aetna Claim School to teaching English as a second language to Vietnamese adults in 1967, public speaking has rung my chimes.As an auctioneer I strove to be an excellent speaker. No sweaty palms for me!

In college I excelled in speech. I had the absolute best teacher, Dr. Sandford. I wanted to be a good speaker and he taught me how to build confidence in my self. We had to memorize short segments of speeches.. standing in front of the class. It worked!

If you watch public speakers... the key word is  to inspire. Most speakers work from an outline. Extemporaneous speeches can be delivered from the heart.

I think JFK's speeches are exemplary of the best.

Practice is key to developing your best skills possible. Age is no barrier.
"You can if you think you can!"

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN




No comments:

Post a Comment