Wednesday, October 25, 2023

MY COOLIDGE INTERVIEW

 In the Spring of 1978 while living in Windsor, Ct I had the honor of meeting Calvin's older son John Coolidge. I was working for the town manger, Al Ilg. My old neighbor Walter Mahoney advised Mr. Coolidge was accessible so I called him at his Farmington home. Mr. Coolidge asked me if I had a job and I said "yes."  I visited John Coolidge at his home. We spoke about his father and Mr.Coolidge replied "Once we were walking by a bank and we stopped. Calvin Coolidge replied If you listen carefully you can hear hear your money working for you !!"  Coolidge also commented on the loss of his brother, Calvin Junior and how it affected his father.. I had future conversations with John Coolidge about his cheese enterprise in Plymouth,VT.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN



No comments:

Post a Comment