Wednesday, February 21, 2024

AN AMAZING RARE COIN AUCTION

This Wednesday saw me reflecting on a major coin auction I did for the Late Robert Glass of Sterling, CT. All of the coins were in a bank vault in Ct. For six weeks I traveled from West Brookfield taking inventory of these coins. As I took inventory I decided to send my listing to ALL coin dealers in New England.My accountant suggested my fee would be 3% and $3,000. The preview would be held the day before. It was amazing to see the response.I stood on the stage with Mr. Glass as he called the bids.This response was I recall saw buffalo nickles rolls sell for $1,200.The bottom line to my earned commission came to $10,000. Glass sent me a letter of appreciation for the job I had none.Coin auctions, properly marketed can bring great results!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN



No comments:

Post a Comment