Monday, May 29, 2023

MEMORIAL DAY WEST BROOKFIELD


My Memorial Day was special. I drove my Honda to WBES and was greeted by the parade captain. I was offered to ride in Bob Richards' Jaguar classic. I accepted the offer and carried a small flag..Old Glory. The fife and drum began the march. It was fun riding in an open car as I had planned with the disabled Allante'. We traveled close enough to hear the Patriotic music and beat of the drums.Suddenly the Jaguar boiled steam. He allowed the car to cool off before returning to my Honda.I drove to the American Legion  where I was seated close to the podium. Men read their prepared speeches then we ate. I visited Josh briefly then came home to see the Celtic hype. CNN played a s special on the BEEGEE's which I watched for 10 minutes. I chose not to watch the Celtic-Heat contest. The Memorial Day in West Special was full and special!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN



 

No comments:

Post a Comment