Sunday, June 18, 2017

FATHERS DAY' ,THE TROLLY STOP, FAMILY AND DAVID MCULLOUGH AT THE JFK

It was a family Fathers Day then an hour and a half watching premier US Historian, David McCullough on C-Span. Charles Gibson interviewed the octogenarian with 19 grandchildren!


First, My Trolley Stop breakfast  with family in East Brookfield was good. The kids are growing up. I enjoyed sausage patties and flap jacks. This modest diner was packed.


I received a delightful addition to my wardrobe: spiffy white shirt wit a monogrammed Seton Hall Pirate in blue . size large. The shirt will go great with my flag trousers!


David McCullough is one of America's best historians who still uses an old Underwood manual typewriter! I feel good having skills in the Computer Age. He's in the Dark Ages yet is THE BEST as a historian. The program was at the JFK Library and he had nothing but praise for our Late President's writing and historical skills!


McCullough is in the Big Leagues with all his books written my favorite is "TRUMAN." He, McCullough is a critic of  our educational system: "They don't teach Civics any more."


It was worth watching as will Aerial New Zealand be tonight at 8:00 on the Smithsonian Channel! Don't forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment