Saturday, October 12, 2024

A PRESIDENTIAL SATURDAY

In the absence of any MLB Playoffs I chose to continue learning about President Franklin Delano Roosevelt on PBS. What impressed my was his stamina and longevity. FDR brought our country out of a Depression and instituted so many social programs that challenged Americans to "Pull their own bootstraps." FDR was elected for four terms and had a charm second to none. By contrast LBJ, too, had many social programs BUT the Vietnam War delt him the final blow. I liked LBJ for he came to my college after John Fitzgerald Kennedy was assassinated in 1963.On February 14, he came to St. Louis University . I got all excited and was the first to observe all that went on. The crowd was over 10,000 and my friends even saw me on TV! Yes, Presidential visits are surreal and in this Election Year Chase Robert and Lily P may have the same experience I did in 1964?  Tomorrow I shall watch Joel Osteen at 10:00 and the Mets versus the Dodgers at 8:15. 

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN


No comments:

Post a Comment