Friday, October 11, 2024

A FRIDAY OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS & INSPIRATION

 My Friday has been one of  accomplishments! It was filling my pill cady with 8 days of medication. Next it was beginning to pare down my excessive closet of clothes and shoes. My traditional shoes are a thing of the past. Included is a pair of black Cowboy boots size 10-1/2. I intend to have all of these donated to Planet Aid. My sport coats are too large as I have reduced my weigh to 161.4 pounds as of yesterday. Now comes the inspiration. Ken Burns has a series on PBS "The Roosevelts."  I watched how Franklin D. Roosevelt overcame polio to being a 4 term President! My late father said many times "FDR was for the workingman." His Fireside Chats got into every home in America and then some. Want to Learn more about U S History? Become a student and develop 'A Sense of History!' In MLB Playoffs the Dodgers are leading the  Padres after four, 1-0. My visit to the Legion was excellent with 2 hotdogs and a Ginger Ale on ice!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment